Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Walgreens to Pay $269 Million on Claims It Overcharged Federal Programs. The Wall Street Journal, January 22, 2019.
The drugstore chain settles suits accusing it of billing for unneeded insulin pens.
2) Trump calls for cracking down on surprise medical bills . The Hill, January 23, 2019.
He wants to crack down on surprise medical bills that patients cannot afford.
3) Pelosi works her health care strategy from the ground up. The Associated Press, January 22, 2019.
Her strategy includes improvements to Obamacare and legislation to reduce prescription drug costs.
4) Uninsured rate reaches highest point since 2014. Modern Healthcare, January 23, 2019.
The number of insured adults in the last quarter of 2018 reached higher than those uninsured before the Affordable Care Act was implemented.
5) Many Americans support Medicare for all, but its not universal. CNN, January 23, 2019.
Americans are as divided as congressional Democrats in regards to Medicare for all.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.