Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) U.S. judge to allow controversial evidence in Roundup cancer trials. Reuters, January 28, 2019.
The judge calls the decision most disappointing for Monsanto, who denies allegations that their product, Roundup causes cancer.
2) Dems hit GOP on pre-existing conditions at panel’s first policy hearing. The Hill, January 29, 2019.
House committee hearing to focus on the ACA’s protections for people with pre-existing conditions.
3) Kamala Harris calls for elimination of private health insurance. The Washington Examiner, January 28, 2019.
Harris wants Medicare for all and the elimination of private health insurance.
4) CMS Unveils New Medicare Mobile App . Modern Healthcare, January 28, 2019.
CMS launches app to help seniors determine what services are covered by Medicare.
5) CMS sends warning letters to two Detroit Medical Center hospitals. The Detroit News, January 28, 2019.
The two hospitals face the potential loss of federal funding after failing two inspections.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.