Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Justices Seen as Likely to Strike Down Obamacare Requirement. Bloomberg News, February 20, 2019.
A law professor believes the Supreme Court will probably declare the Affordable Care Act’s individual mandate unconstitutional.
2) Alternatives to Medicare-for-All that are worth studying and debating. The Washington Post, February 21, 2019.
A deep analysis of the costs and feasibility of Medicare-for-all must be done.
3) Florida governor wants to import drugs from Canada. The Associated Press, February 20, 2019.
The governor proposed bringing in prescription drugs from Canada in an effort to cut healthcare costs.
4) Industry, analysts clash over scope of balance billing legislation. Modern Healthcare, February 20, 2019.
Healthcare policy makers and the healthcare industry clash over proposed legislation to end surprise medical bills.
5) Healthcare spending will hit 19.4% of GDP in the next decade, CMS projects. Modern Healthcare, February 19, 2019.
As more people become eligible for Medicare the U.S. expects to spend almost $6 trillion on healthcare by 2027.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.