Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) New Republican bill would retain and retool Obamacare. The Washington Examiner, February 25, 2019.
A Republican congressman is taking a shot at overhauling Medicare in an effort to reform healthcare.
2) UW Medicine data breach: Approximately 974,000 affected patients. KIRO 7 News, February 21, 2019.
Almost 975,000 people had their names, medical records numbers and other information breached.
3) Stuart announces formation of team to combat health care fraud. Metro News, February 20, 2019.
US Attorney Stuart is taking an innovative approach toward combating health care fraud and the opioid crisis.
4) Hospital groups push for seat at table as lawmakers address ‘surprise billing’. Fierce Healthcare, February 21, 2019.
With the problems of surprise billing at the forefront in Washington hospitals want their hand in shaping the conversation.
5) The Health 202: Drug executives may have to defend these expensive medicines to Congress. The Washington Post, February 25, 2019.
Drug executives are headed to Capital Hill for a hearing on the increasing costs of prescription drugs in the United States.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.