Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Jury: Roundup weed killer is major factor in man’s cancer. The Washington Post, March 19, 2019.
A jury determines that Roundup weed killer played a major factor in the cause of a man’s cancer.
2) FDA Chief Scott Gottlieb Calls for Tighter Regulations on Electronic Health Records. Fortune, March 21, 2019.
FDA commissioner Gottlieb called for tighter security of electronic health systems which have promoted reports of patient injuries and other safety problems over the years.
3) Doctor who cheated Medicaid of $5M gets 7 years in prison. The Associated Press, March 19, 2019.
A Connecticut physician who defrauded Medicaid of over five million dollars gets sentenced to seven years in prison.
4) Attorney General’s Office closes investigation into autism therapy provider. The Detroit Free Press, March 21, 2019.
A Medicaid fraud investigation by the Michigan Attorney General’s Office didn’t find information to warrant criminal charges against the state’s largest autism provider.
5) MedStar pays $35 million in False Claims Act settlement. Modern Healthcare, March 21, 2019.
The settlement resolves two whistleblower lawsuits filed almost a decade ago.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.