Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- Meet the Whistleblower Who Just Cost Duke $112.5 Million. Medscape, March 26, 2019.
Duke pays whistleblower millions in research fraud case.
2) Report: FDA to tighten pill manufacturing regs amid recalls. The Hill, March 27, 2019.
The FDA plans to introduce stricter rules on drug manufacturers after recent issues with contamination.
3) Trump administration says it supports full repeal of the ACA. The Washington Post, March 26, 2019.
The Trump administration wants to completely repeal the Affordable Care Act.
4) Drug prices on TV? They may be coming. The New York Times, March 25, 2019.
White House moving forward with proposal requiring drug prices to disclose prices in television commercials.
5) CMS launches $1.65 million AI challenge.Modern Healthcare, March 27, 2019.
The artificial intelligence tool can predict patients’ healthcare outcomes and adverse events.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.