Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- U.S. primary care experiment aims to spur innovation. Its impact depends on the answer to these questions. STAT, April 25, 2019.
The initiative aims to pay doctors to use technology before health problems start.
2) HHS nearing plan to roll back transgender protections. Politico, April 22, 2019.
The Trump administration is planning to roll back protections for transgender patients.
3) Humana announces virtual primary-care plan. Modern Healthcare, April 24, 2019.
The insurance company is launching a low-cost, virtual health plan.
4) UnitedHealth Suit Alleges Medicare Advantage Overbilling. Bloomberg Law, April 15, 2019.
The suit claims the company hurt the company’s finances in a year long scheme to overbill the government for Medicare Advantage claims.
5) CMS invites states to test new eligible care models. Modern Healthcare, April 25, 2019.
CMS is inviting state Medicaid agencies to pursue new ways of integrating care for patients eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid, a population that has complex health issues.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.