Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- Trump, GOP asks appeals court to kill ‘Obamacare’. AP, May 1, 2019.
The Trump administration formally asks the appeals court to strike down the Affordable Care Act.
2) Medicare-for-all gets a reality check. The Washington Post, May 1, 2019.
The analysis shows the opportunity and risk of Medicare-for-all and says it may produce a more universal health system.
3) Whistleblowers: Company at heart of 97,000% drug price hike bribed doctors to boost sales. CNN, April 30, 2019.
Two whistleblowers at a pharmaceutical company are responsible for one of the largest drug price increases in history.
4) New Trump Rule Protects Health Care Workers Who Refuse Care for Religious Reasons. NPR, May 2, 2019.
The new rule gives healthcare workers leeway to refuse certain if they site a religious conscientious reasons.
5) HHS to cap HIPAA fines based on ‘culpability’. Modern Healthcare, April 26, 2019.
HHS updated the maximum it will penalize providers, health plans and their business associates in the wake of HIPAA violations, in some cases dropping the upper limit by more than $1 million.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. Click here to Subscribe.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.