Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- Cancer Treatment Centers of America Report Data Breach. Becker’s Health. July 22, 2019.
It was determined that an unauthorized third party gained access to an employee’s email account. Cancer Treatment Centers of America notified 3,900 patients that their PHI may have been compromised.
2) Federal Law Suit Alleges Fraudulent Testing. Kaiser Health News. July 23, 2019.
The Justice Department accused Tennessee-based pain clinics of cheating Medicare and other taxpayer-funded health insurers out of at least $25 million in unnecessary urine drug tests and genetic testing.
3) CVS Health and Aetna Start Social Determinant Provider Network. Forbes. July 25, 2019.
The platform will address social determinants of health as insurers roll out strategies to move into communities to reduce costs and improve outcomes.
4) Senate Announces Proposal to Reduce Seniors’ Drug Prices. The Washington Post. July 23, 2019.
The Finance Committee announced a drug-pricing proposal that would cap seniors’ out-of-pocket costs and limit price increases in Medicare. However, the legislation faces tough opposition from the pharmaceutical industry and conservative groups.
5) Sanofi Announced One-Month Delay of Flu Vaccines. CNBC. July 24, 2019.
Sanofi announced that shipment of its vaccines will begin in August, with all shipments expected by the end of November. The company said the delay is due to the World Health Organization taking longer to select vaccine virus strains.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. Click here to Subscribe.