Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- CMS to Pursue Recoup of $30 Billion that Medicare Advantage Plans Over-Billed. Kaiser Health News. July 16, 2019.
CMS is proposing enhanced audits to recoup $1 billion in Medicare Advantage over-payments by 2020.
2) Nine Health Insurance Companies Filed to Participate in the Affordable Care Act in Michigan for 2020. Crains Detroit. July 17, 2019.
This is the tenth year that Michigan has participated in the Affordable Care Act. With nine insurance plans offering coverage, it is considered a robust market in comparison to other states.
3) Medicare Drug Price Negotiation Law Not Moving Forward This Summer. The Hill. July 16, 2019.
The legislation that would allow Medicare to negotiate drug prices will not move forward before Congress leaves for summer recess.
4) House Voted to Repeal Affordable Care Act “Cadillac” Tax. The Washington Post. July 17, 2019.
House Democrats and Republicans voted to repeal the “Cadillac tax” on high-cost employer health insurance that was supposed to help pay for the Affordable Care Act.
5) CVS Enters Home Dialysis Care? Reuters. July 17, 2019.
CVS announced that it will start a clinical trial of its new home dialysis system. This will set up CVS to compete directly with the two largest U.S. dialysis centers: Fresenius Medical Care AG and DaVita, Inc.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.