Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- More than 2,000 workers at Henry Ford Health, Beaumont affected by COVID-19 Modern Healthcare
Many Detroit-area healthcare workers are off the job, due to testing positive or having symptoms of COVID-19.
- Tested positive for coronavirus? Health workers may share your address with police NBC News
Some states and cities are collecting addresses of those who test positive for the coronavirus and sharing with police and first responders.
- Cyberattacks continue to mount during COVID-19 pandemic Healthcare IT News
Ransomware attacks, phishing threats, PPE scams, and malware attacks continue to rise, targeting hospitals and supply chain that have more at-home workers.
- TCF Center field hospital to begin taking patients Friday; four hospital systems providing managers, supplies Crain’s Detroit
The former Cobo Center is being converted into a field hospital for COVID-19 patients, which will start taking patients that do not require a ventilator or ICU.
- Cloud security demands a shared strategy for HIPAA compliance Healthcare IT News
Cloud storage adds a different element to HIPAA security and compliance and the different platforms need to be taken into account when building a security platform.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. Click here to Subscribe.