Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- Gov. Whitmer declares state of disaster in Michigan, asks to extend emergency powers Michigan Radio
Governor Gretchen Whitmer has declared a state of disaster in Michigan. And she is asking the Legislature to extend her emergency powers to deal with the coronavirus outbreak that’s claimed more than 300 lives in Michigan.
- Johnson & Johnson says it has ‘promising’ vaccine candidate for coronavirus Washington Times
Pharmaceutical giant Johnson & Johnson said Monday it has a possible COVID-19 vaccine that could be available for emergency use by early next year, stepping up efforts as government officials, Wall Street analysts, shareholders and others put increasing pressure on drug companies to end the virus crisis.
- 5 health systems offering free telehealth services during COVID-19 pandemic Becker’s Hospital Review
Some hospitals and health systems across the U.S. have begun rolling out free or discounted telehealth services in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Microsoft Warns Hospitals Vulnerable To Ransomware Attacks Law 360
Microsoft Corp. said Wednesday that it had warned dozens of hospitals that it believes are particularly vulnerable to being held hostage by ransomware attackers during the COVID-19 crisis.
- FDA wants heartburn meds off the market due to contamination AP News
U.S. health regulators are telling drug makers to immediately pull their popular heartburn drugs off the market after determining that a contamination issue with the medications poses a greater risk than previously thought.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.