Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- Medicare Agency Weighing Permanent Telehealth Rule Changes Bloomberg Law
CMS is considering expanding telehealth and allowing emergency changes to continue, once the pandemic is over.
- Beaumont Wayne abruptly closes, employees left with more questions than answers Fox 2 Detroit
Beaumont Hospital Wayne has closed temporarily and may reopen for a second COVID-19 surge.
- Patient engagement tech helps one provider slash no-show rate, save $1.8 million Healthcare IT News
One hospital is using technology to immediately fill vacancies when a patient cancels an appointment.
- Detroit Medical Center to furlough 480 employees during coronavirus crisis Detroit Free Press
480 of Detroit Medical Center’s employees have been furloughed due to a downturn in business.
- Experts hopeful but not sold after coronavirus treatment report The Detroit News
Two-thirds of patients given remdesivir for COVID-19 improved and over half were discharged, however, more research on the drug is necessary.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.