Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- Judge: Hospital need not fund doc’s defense in murder case The Detroit News
Trinity Health does not need to cover the costs of a doctor’s defense against murder charges in the deaths of 25 hospital patients.
- U.S. secures 300 million doses of potential AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine Reuters
The United States has secured millions of doses of an experimental vaccine by pledging $1.2 billion.
- To ‘do no harm,’ invest in cybersecurity Healthcare IT News
Downtime after a cyberattack can result in harm to patients, and patient care includes protecting medical data.
- Gilead ups its donation of the COVID-19 drug remdesivir for U.S. hospitals STAT
Gilead Sciences has upped the number of doses it’s donating to the federal government from 607,000 to around 940,000.
- Doctor who misdiagnosed epilepsy cases surrenders license The Detroit News
A Metro Detroit epilepsy doctor surrendered his license after claims that he misdiagnosed and mistreated young patients.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. Click here to Subscribe.