Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- U.S. FDA finds high levels of carcinogen in diabetes drug metformin. Reuters
The FDA found a possible cancer-causing impurity in some versions of the popular diabetes drug metformin.
- OSHA Health-Care Virus Safety Inspections Mount in Hard-Hit NY Bloomberg Law
Following reports of increased deaths and hospitalizations of medical workers with coronavirus, OSHA has opened 253 inspections of healthcare facilities.
- Philips wearable biosensor could help reduce COVID-19 transmission risks Healthcare IT News
A new device will help monitor COVID-19 hospital patients through a wearable sensor designed to detect early deterioration.
- COVID-19 crisis brings higher suicide risk for Michigan Detroit News
An increase in depression, anxiety and suicide could follow the coronavirus peak in Michigan, due to psychological trauma from isolation and economic hardship.
- Hospitals Denied Remedy for ‘Two-Midnight’ Medicare Rate Cut Bloomberg Law
A group of hospitals that received lower reimbursements due to a rate reduction that was implemented then abandoned, are not entitled to additional payments.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.