Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- White House wins ruling on health care price disclosure The Detroit News
The Trump administration won a court ruling upholding its plan to require insurers and hospitals to disclose actual prices for procedures to bring healthcare costs down.
- U.S. claims Regeneron paid kickbacks via charity to boost expensive drug Reuters
The DOJ sued Regeneron for allegedly using a charity that helps cover Medicare patients’ drug costs as a means to pay kickbacks.
- Alzheimer’s Researchers Go Back to Basics to Find the Best Way Forward NPR
Seattle research institutions have joined forces to create a new research center to study tissue from brains of those who died with Alzheimer’s.
- Lifelong Lung Damage: The Serious COVID-19 Complication That Can Hit People in Their 20s Healthline
Severe cases of COVID-19 can cause lasting damage to the lungs.
- CMS creates new Office of Burden Reduction and Health Informatics Healthcare IT News
The new office at CMS will attempt to eliminate red tape and reduce provider burdens.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. Click here to Subscribe.