Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- Trinity Health announces more furloughs, job cuts in pandemic’s wake The Detroit News
Livonia-based Trinity Health is furloughing and laying off more employees.
- Large jump in Michigan deaths outside hospitals as coronavirus raged Bridge
Between March 15 and May 23, there was a 62% rise in out-of-hospital deaths.
- Hasty rush to cloud hosting during COVID-19 crisis could set stage for ‘cyberpandemic’ Healthcare IT News
Healthcare organizations quick shift to remote operations could lead to lasting risks, vulnerabilities and major attacks.
- Sedentary lifestyle linked to cancer mortality Medical News Today
A new study suggests that the total amount of time people spend sitting is associated with an increased risk of death from cancer.
- COVID-19 cases linked to Harper’s bar in East Lansing rises to 138 The Detroit News
COVID-19 cases linked to a bar in East Lansing have increased, however, there have been no hospitalizations.
Have a Happy 4th of July! Thank you to all those who are serving and to all of our veterans!
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. Click here to Subscribe.