Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Health Care Law Paperwork Costs Small Businesses Thousands. AP, March 18, 2015.
Complying with the Affordable Care Act is costing small businesses thousands of dollars.
2) Premera Blue Cross hack exposes 11M. Healthcare IT News, March 18, 2015.
Another sophisticated cyberattack has allowed hackers to gain access to the financial and medical information of 11 million members.
3) Senators Demand Anthem Hasten Notifications on Data Breach. Bloomberg Business, March 18, 2015.
Two U.S. senators demanded that Anthem Inc. speed up notifying the 79 million Americans who may have had their personal information hacked.
4) OIG presses CMS to cut hospital payments for surgeries on low-risk outpatients. Modern Healthcare, March 17, 2015.
The Office of Inspector General is repeating its call for Medicare to pay hospitals the same as it pays ambulatory surgery centers for procedures on low-risk patients.
5) Docs awash in data as they try to boost care. Healthcare IT News, March 19, 2015.
Physician practices are overwhelmed by the data they must manage.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.