Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- Beaumont Health CEO, CMO target of no confidence petition News Break
A petition citing concerns about patient care and imminent threat of a merger is being circulated by physician leaders.
- US secures 100 million doses of Pfizer, BioNTech experimental coronavirus vaccine Fox Business
The U.S. Government has reached a deal for their COVID-19 vaccine, which includes U.S. citizens receiving the vaccine for free.
- Quick pivot to new HHS COVID-19 reporting rules meant ‘chaos’ for hospitals Healthcare IT News
Many health systems had only days to expand their COVID-19 patient data reporting practices.
- $52M field hospital in New York treated only 79 COVID-19 patients Becker’s Hospital Review
A temporary hospital set up to treat COVID-19 patients only treated 79 patients during the month that it was open.
- Wright Center co-develops telehealth-EHR combo to expand care options Healthcare IT News
A healthcare company is using an FCC award to get telemedicine in the home, along with remote patient monitoring devices.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.