Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) The good, the bad and the ugly of Stage 3 MU. Healthcare IT News, March 25, 2015.
CMS and ONC released new regulations on Friday, March 20, 2015.
2) ONC stepping up efforts to ensure EHRs perform as advertised. Modern Healthcare, March 25, 2015.
The ONC for Health Information Technology released a new certification rule that may indicate a new direction for the agency.
3) Passage of ‘Doc Fix’ Bill Edges Closer. The Wall Street Journal, March 25, 2015.
Lawmakers are closing in to permanently replace an 18-year-old formula for reimbursing doctors for Medicare patients.
4) Feds Claim Obamacare Launch Is Hindering Government Transparency. NPR, March 24, 2015.
A heavy workload caused by the Affordable Care Act is being blamed for long delays in filling public record requests.
5) Next up for healthcare: ‘multi-cloud’. Healthcare IT News, March 26, 2015.
The use of the cloud by healthcare providers continues to expand, and will likely extend to the use of multiple clouds to avoid hacking and data breaches.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.