Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- Hospitals get more time to repay Medicare loans Becker’s Hospital Review
CMS will not begin recouping payments as scheduled, but will wait until one year after the loan was issued to begin withholding funds.
- HHS Launches Initiative to Measure Physician Health IT Use, Burden EHR Intelligence
The American Board of Family Medicine will measure office-based physician health IT use.
- Cyberattack hobbles major hospital chain’s US facilities, staff forced to use paper records Fox Business
Universal Health Services Inc. experienced an outage caused by a cyberattack.
- Texas hospital, managers pay $16M to settle 2 false claims suits Becker’s Hospital Review
A medical center and its former managers will pay to resolve allegations of fraudulently obtaining and misusing federal loans.
- Apple Watch’s abnormal pulse feature driving many unnecessary healthcare visits, Mayo Clinic researchers say Mobi Health News
A review of the Apple Watch suggests that the abnormal pulse detection feature may be fueling unnecessary healthcare visits.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.