Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- Hackers taking aim at crucial COVID-19 vaccine ‘cold chain’ says IBM Healthcare IT News
A global phishing campaign is underway targeting companies involved with the refrigerated supply chain infrastructure needed for COVID-19 vaccine distribution.
- AstraZeneca sells former blockbuster cholesterol drug for $320 million Reuters
AstraZeneca will sell Crestor to a German pharmaceutical company.
- CMS adds 60+ services to Medicare’s telehealth list in final rule: 7 details Becker’s Hospital Review
CMS released the 2021 physician fee schedule that expanded on telehealth services.
- US panel: 1st vaccines to health care workers, nursing homes AP
One government advisory panel is urging that vaccines be made available to health care workers and nursing home residents first.
- Beware of insider cyber threats, AMA warns hospitals Becker’s Hospital Review
Hospitals and health systems must watch out for Ryuk ransomware that encrypts data, making it inaccessible.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.