Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- Telehealth growth attracts the eyes of investors as 2021 could see an influx of capital Healthcare Finance News
The explosion of telehealth during the COVID-19 pandemic is attracting investors, despite capital being difficult to come by.
- AstraZeneca buying drug developer Alexion for $39 billion AP
England-based AstraZeneca PLC is buying the U.S. drug developer Alexion so AstraZeneca can enhance its presence in immunology.
- U.S. Customs destroys biological samples taken from prof at Detroit Metro Airport The Detroit News
US Customs and Boarder Protection destroyed a Polish professor’s biological samples after they were unable to identify what the vials contained.
- FDA approves new genetically modified pig for allergy-free medical and food products CNN Health
The FDA approved a genetically modified pig to produce meat that is safe to eat and organs and tissues for transplants.
- Johns Hopkins creates COVID-19 death risk calculator Becker’s Health IT
Johns Hopkins University researchers developed an online calculator that estimates the risk of dying for COVID-19 in an effort to prioritize groups for vaccination.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. Click here to Subscribe.