Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- Tenet must pay whistleblowing cardiologists $10M, court rules Becker’s Hospital Review
Two physicians who were fired from their leadership positions at the Detroit Medical Center were awarded $10.6 million after claiming they were fired following making allegations of False Claims Act violations.
- Judge orders release of NY data on long-term care deaths New Haven Register
A state judge ordered the release of records about nursing home residents who died of COVID-19 and ordered Gov. Cuomo’s administration to pay legal fees.
- University of Michigan Hospital deploys Epic-linked ‘patient monitoring at home’ Healthcare IT News
U of M Hospital implemented patient monitoring, utilizing fully managed device kits.
- Wayne County still hamstrung by vaccine shortage despite increase in available dosage Fox 2 Detroit
Wayne County Executive Warren Evans met with state officials and demanded the county get its fair share of the vaccine, claiming counties with fewer people were getting more doses.
- EHR snooping at Montefiore leads to security breach Healthcare IT News
An employee snooped in the EHR and accessed a variety of patient information.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.