Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- Texas power outages lead to 300+ carbon monoxide cases in Houston area Becker’s Hospital Review
A winter storm and widespread power outages has led people to turn to dangerous power sources, such as grills and space heaters.
- New wearable patch can monitor blood pressure, caffeine levels Healthcare IT News
A new skin patch can monitor blood pressure, heart rate, glucose, lactate, alcohol and caffeine levels.
- A record number of people have died of drug overdoses during the pandemic, CDC says Becker’s Hospital Review
Over 83,000 Americans have died of drug overdoses in a 12-month period.
- Mental health screenings and studies show big jumps in anxiety, depression during pandemic The Denver Post
Anxiety and depression skyrocketed during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Tenet, Providence, other health giants band together to form new health data startup Fierce Healthcare
Several big healthcare players have launched a new startup to pool and analyze patient data for research and drug development.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.