Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- Hackers demand $1.75M from North Carolina clinic during 6-day ransomware attack Becker’s Hospital Review
Allergy Partners was infected by ransomware and the clinic is currently performing an investigation.
- An experimental toothpaste aims to treat peanut allergy Science News
A New York City company has launched a trial to use small doses of an allergen in toothpaste to help build tolerance.
- Senate OKs bill to cap out-of-pocket insulin costs for some AP
The Kentucky Senate passed a bill aimed at delivering financial relief by capping costs for insulin.
- Breach exposes data of 200k health system staff, patients AP
A medical practice management firm was hit with a ransomware attack and paid an undisclosed ransom.
- Man charged with kidnapping after barricading himself in room with patient at Florida hospital Becker’s Hospital Review
A man was charged with kidnapping after barricading himself in a hospital room with a female patient, who he refused to let leave.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.