Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- Michigan Medicine to resume construction on $920M hospital after pandemic-related pause Fierce Healthcare
Michigan Medicine plans to open the new hospital for patient care in the fall of 2025.
- CareCentrix files corporate espionage lawsuit against Signify Health Healthcare IT News
A post-acute care company filed suit accusing a former employee of corporate espionage and theft of confidential information.
- People with dementia may be prescribed interacting drugs Medical News Today
Despite experts’ warnings, many dementia patients are taking more brain and central nervous system drugs than recommended.
- Lawmakers OK bill shielding businesses from virus lawsuits AP
The North Dakota Legislature passed a bill protecting businesses and health care facilities from lawsuits over customers’ and employees’ COVID-19 exposure.
- Bill would ease burden on proof for black lung benefits AP
A new bill is aimed at helping families of miners who die from the black lung disease.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. Click here to Subscribe.