Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- Florida Health System taps former Cleveland Clinic cardiologist to direct heart institute Beckers Hospital Review
Naples, Fla.-based NCH Healthcare System has appointed Robert Cubeddu, MD, as president of its heart institute.
2. Google has another go at patient health record software Healthcare IT News
The software titan is recruiting users to weigh in on how they want to interact with their own medical data, a report says.
3. Booster shots may be needed within a year after COVID-19 vaccinations Reuters
The United States is preparing for the possibility that a booster shot will be needed between nine to 12 months after people are initially vaccinated against COVID-19, a White House official said on Thursday.
4. How specialty prescription apps are expanding into other services Healthcare IT News
Companies are betting on telehealth’s “gold rush” but virtual care may run into limiting factors.
5. The P-1 coronavirus variant is twice as transmissible as earlier strains Science News
The variant first found in Brazil can evade some immunity from previous infections.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. Click here to Subscribe.