Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- Officials push for national PFAS drinking water standard AP
There is a push for a national drinking water standard in regards to forever chemicals.
- Houston Methodist makes good on threat to suspend employees who refused to get vaccinated Fierce Healthcare
Houston Methodist employees who did not get both doses of the COVID-19 vaccination were suspended without pay.
- Biogen to start shipping Alzheimer’s drug in about two weeks Reuters
Biogen is expected to begin shipping its newly-approved Alzheimer’s drug to healthcare centers.
- Rollback of Trump-Era Insulin, Epinephrine Rule Clears Hurdle Bloomberg Law
The rescission of the rule requiring community health centers to give all their insulin and epinephrine discounts to patients has cleared White House review and can be published at any time.
- Poor oral health linked to muscle loss and diabetes Medical News Today
A new study suggests that having fewer remaining teeth and poor chewing ability increases the risk of muscle loss, weakness, and diabetes in older people.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.