Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- FDA allows automatic ‘generic’ swap for brand-name insulin The Detroit News
The FDA approved a generic version of Lantus, a fast-acting insulin.
- Ascension Health latest health care system to require COVID-19 vaccines for employees Detroit Free Press
Ascension Health joins a growing number of hospitals requiring employees to get the COVID-19 vaccine.
- ‘I don’t think I’ve been this stressed’: No-fault reforms upend life for Michigan’s crash victims The Detroit News
Changes to Michigan auto laws have left some patients in a lurch, struggling to find care.
- U.S. House panel seeks J&J documents on baby powder bankruptcy plans Reuters
A US congressional panel is asking Johnson & Johnson for documents related to the J&J’s plans to put its talc liabilities into bankruptcy, to learn how this may affect people who have been harmed by the company’s baby powder.
- Accused EHR hacker sentenced to 30 months in prison Healthcare IT News
Amanda Lowry and two codefendants used proceeds from stolen patient info to buy SUVs and jet skis.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. Click here to Subscribe.