Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- Joint Commission announces new patient safety campaign Becker’s Hospital Review
A new Joint Commission campaign is aimed at encouraging patients to speak up if they experience discrimination in their healthcare.
- Hospital ransomware attack led to infant’s death, lawsuit alleges Healthcare IT News
A ransomware attack that turned off hospital IT systems for three weeks compromised the visibility of fetal heart monitors.
- UN endorses world’s 1st malaria vaccine as ‘historic moment’ The Detroit News
A vaccine created in 1987 has been authorized, despite it’s 30% effectiveness, multiple doses and fading after several months.
- Medtronic releases urgent recall for insulin pump vulnerable to hackers: 3 details Becker’s Health IT
An urgent recall has been issued due to the vulnerability of insulin pumps.
- Pediatric Price Transparency Information Nearly Non-Existent Healthcare Exec Intelligence
Despite federal mandates, many pediatric providers are only providing pricing information to a small set of patients and their parents.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.