Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:https://larlegal.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=5554&action=edit&message=9
1) Phishing scam breach compromises data of 39K. Healthcare IT News, April 29, 2015.
A healthcare employee opened a phishing scam email that compromised the protected health information and social security numbers of 39,000 patients.
2) Insurers Navigate Health Overhaul to Rising Profits. AP, April 29, 2015.
Several of the nation’s largest health insurers have increased their earning expectations for 2015.
3) Leapfrog updates hospital safety grades. Healthcare IT News, April 29, 2015.
New results for the Hospital Safety Score were published this week by the group that grades more than 2,500 hospitals on quality and safety.
4) Henry Ford turns around finances in 2014 as productivity, revenue improve. Crain’s, April 27, 2015.
Henry Ford Health System expects to post positive financial numbers over the next several years after recovering from a $12 million net income loss in 2013.
5) Healthcare spending rises 5.5% while rest of economy sputters. Modern Healthcare, April 29, 2015.
A preliminary federal estimate shows a high growth rate in healthcare spending early in 2015.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.