Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Health Insurer CareFirst Says It Was Hacked. The Wall Street Journal, May 20, 2015.
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield’s personal information of over a million consumers was breached by Chinese cyberspies.
2) ICD-10: Heritage Foundation strikes hard at mandate. Healthcare IT News, May 19, 2015.
More organizations are speaking out against ICD-10 and asking Congress to abandon the transition.
3) 21st Century Cures bill’s progress hits possible funding roadblock. Modern Healthcare, May 20, 2015.
Lawmakers are no closer to finding any common ground on key funding issues.
4) Safety-Net Hospitals Worry About Obamacare Cuts. U.S. News & World Report, May 19, 2015.
Many hospitals will face difficulties in the face of federal cuts mandated by the Affordable Care Act in the coming years.
5) New rating looks at hospital performance on high-volume procedures. Modern Healthcare, May 20, 2015.
A new consumer tool was the platform for the release of data on how well 4,600 U.S. hospitals perform common elective surgeries.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.