Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Electronic Medical Records Are Latest Target for Identity Thieves. NBC News, May 28, 2015.
Electronic medical records provide all of the sensitive information required for thieves to take out loans, get passports or make fraudulent tax returns – making the records highly desirable.
2) Congress seeking to eliminate telehealth barriers for veterans. Healthcare IT News, May 27, 2015.
Two members of Congress introduced a bill that would eliminate barriers and enable veterans to receive telemedicine care.
3) Tech Rivalries Impede Digital Medical Record Sharing. The New York Times, May 26, 2015.
Some tech companies, hospitals and laboratories are blocking health information exchange for fear of losing business.
4) Government backs down on some requirements for digital medical records. USA Today, May 27, 2015.
Regulators are backing down on some of the toughest requirements for doctors and hospitals using digital medical records.
5) Lawmakers sound alarm on drug overdose deaths. The Hill, May 25, 2015.
A strong focus has been placed on the alarming increase in drug overdose deaths, in particular from heroin and prescription painkillers.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.