Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) When Patients Manage Doctors. The Wall Street Journal, August 10, 2015.
Patients with multiple chronic illnesses often must manage their own care.
2) Large Employers Look To Tighten Control Of Costs For Expensive Drugs. Kaiser Health News, August 12, 2015.
More than half of large employers in 2016 will attempt to manage employees’ use of costly specialty drugs.
3) CMS extends enforcement delay for ‘two-midnight’ rule. Modern Healthcare, August 12, 2015.
CMS has extended the rule governing short hospital stays to fall in line with proposed changes to the policy.
4) CVS Health to Pay Government $450,000 to Settle Dispute. AP, August 10, 2015.
CVS has agreed to pay the federal government to settle allegations of filling forged and invalid prescriptions.
5) Meaningful use of EHRs by doctors fell in 2014. Modern Healthcare, August 12, 2015.
Participation in the electronic health record incentive payment program decreased significantly in 2014.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.