Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Michigan hospitals rank 21st in patient safety report: 19 get ‘A;’ 3 hospitals fail. Crain’s, October 28, 2015.
Michigan had 23.8% of surveyed hospitals scoring an “A” rating and was the 21st state in the nation.
2) More hospitals earn value-based purchasing bonuses this year. Modern Healthcare, October 26, 2015.
Medicare will reward more hospitals under its value-based purchasing program in 2016.
3) HCA says some patients dropping their new insurance coverage. Reuters, October 27, 2015.
More and more patients go to hospitals having lost their health insurance, many times because they stopped paying for it.
4) The rise of ransomware, crafty hackers and health data destruction. Healthcare IT News, October 28, 2015.
Healthcare is a target of hackers and ransomware.
5) Drug Prices Top Americans’ List of Health Care Concerns. AP, October 28, 2015.
Many Americans are worried about prescription drug costs following news about companies hiking prices.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.