Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Rising Rates Pose Challenge to Health Law. The Wall Street Journal, November 18, 2015.
Many people signing up for Obamacare are facing higher premiums, less doctors, and skimpier coverage.
2) Henry Ford may sell Medicaid assets after state protest fails. Crain’s, November 18, 2015.
Henry Ford Health System may divest a large portion of its profitable Medicaid plan.
3) Study Could Result in New Strategies For Treating Juvenile Cancer. The Wall Street Journal, November 18, 2015.
A new analysis is shedding light on the reasons that children get cancer.
4) Where Medicare Advantage enrollment lags, health systems see opportunity. Modern Healthcare, November 18, 2015.
Two large health systems are building an insurance plan together centered on Medicare Advantage.
5) Justice Department investigating DaVita subsidiary. Modern Healthcare, November 18, 2015.
The Department of Justice is investigating the medical necessity of angiograms performed at a DaVita HealthCare Partners subsidiary.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.