Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Health IT outsourcing: a rising priority. Healthcare IT News, November 24, 2015.
Many health systems are shifting their focus to IT outsourcing for development and complex infrastructure services.
2) FDA approves expanded use of Emergent BioSolution’s anthrax vaccine. Reuters, November 23, 2015.
The FDA has approved the vaccine to prevent suspected or confirmed exposure to the bacterium that causes the disease.
3) Shaheen proposes $600 million to fight heroin abuse. AP, November 23, 2015.
U.S. Senator Jeanne Shaheen is proposing emergency funding to address the opioid and heroin abuse crisis.
4) Pfizer Inversion Puts Pressure on U.S. Lawmakers to Revamp Tax Rules. The Wall Street Journal, November 23, 2015.
Pfizer put its legal headquarters in Ireland to escape the U.S. tax system, calling for a revamp of tax rules in Washington.
5) Payers say HHS rules protecting transgender people will not speed coverage. Modern Healthcare, November 23, 2015.
A rule banning healthcare-related discrimination against transgender people is becoming finalized, and insurers warn it will lead to continued denial of claims.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.