Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Top 7 reasons doctors get slapped with malpractice suits. Healthcare IT News, December 9, 2015.
The top reasons physicians get sued for malpractice include failure to diagnose, poor documentation, and failure to follow safety procedures.
2) ObamaCare to reduce workforce by 2 million jobs’ worth of hours, CBO says. Fox News, December 10, 2015.
The Congressional Budget Office reports that work hours will be reduced in the equivalent to 2 million jobs in the next decade.
3) Detroit Medical Center announces layoffs, job redeployments. Crain’s, December 7, 2015.
DMC announced layoffs, elimination of open positions, and a reduction in its workforce.
4) Calls to maintain Stage 3 timing surface. Politico, December 8, 2015.
With more calls for delay in the final stage of meaningful use, technology companies and lobbyists sent a letter asking to maintain the schedule for Stage 3.
5) Americans Who Don’t Buy Health Coverage Face Heftier Fine in ’16, Analysis Finds. The New York Times, December 9, 2015.
Uninsured Americans will face an average tax penalty of $969 per household under the Affordable Care Act in 2016.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.