Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Novartis Heart-Failure Pill Hits Hurdles With Doctors. The Wall Street Journal, March 16, 2016.
Entresto, a heart-failure pill has been called remarkable, but doctors are not prescribing it.
2) Report ranks counties in Michigan from best to worst in health. Crain’s, March 16, 2016.
Wayne County is the worst ranking health county in Michigan.
3) C.D.C. Painkiller Guidelines Aim to Reduce Addiction Risk. The New York Times, March 15, 2016.
The federal government published the first national standards for prescription painkillers this week.
4) Medicare hospice demo criticized for tight eligibility limits. Modern Healthcare, March 15, 2016.
Hospice advocates have voiced concerns that too few terminally ill patients will qualify to continue curative treatment after starting hospice care.
5) Ann Arbor-based emergency physicians group to sell for $120 million. Crain’s, March 16, 2016.
Envision Healthcare Holdings, Inc. signed an agreement to buy Emergency Physicians Medical Group.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.