Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Ohio mental health and addiction services agency discloses PHI of 59,000 people. Healthcare IT News, May 9, 2016.
OhioMHAS sent clients postcards to take place in a survey, disclosing that the individuals received treatment.
2) Walgreens To Expand Mental Health Services. Forbes, May 10, 2016.
Walgreens will expand services by including access to behavioral health treatment via telemedicine and will expand options for treatment, screenings, and awareness.
3) How will health insurer mergers hit Obamacare? CBS News, May 11, 2016.
As health insurers continue to merge, there is concern regarding the impact on the Affordable Care Act.
4) How do struggling hospitals recover from a very public ‘F’ grade on patient safety? Healthcare IT News, May 11, 2016.
15 hospitals received F grades from Leapfrog and need to be accountable and transparent to recover.
5) House Is Set to Vote on 18 Bills to Address Opioid Addiction. The New York Times, May 11, 2016.
Votes are scheduled on 18 bills aimed at addressing the opioid addiction across the country.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.