Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Gilead cuts 2016 sales forecast, cites hepatitis C drugs. Reuters, July 25, 2016.
Sales of hepatitis C drugs dropped lower than expected.
2) What to know about Medicare’s big bundled – payment expansion. Modern Healthcare, July 25, 2016.
A new mandatory program CMS proposed would make hospitals accountable for the cost and quality of care associated with bypass surgery and heart attacks.
3) ONC to fund cyberthreat intelligence sharing. Healthcare IT News, July 26, 2016.
The Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT has started an initiative to build and information sharing effort to combat cyber threats.
4) Livingston County resident recovering from West Nile. Crain’s, July 24, 2016.
Michigan’s first human case of West Nile this year was in Livingston County.
5) Emsisoft unveils free ransomware decryptor to unlock your own data. Healthcare IT News, July 27, 2016.
Emsisoft posted a free decryptor for hospitals and practices that have been hit by Stampado ransomware to use to unlock their data.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.