Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Theranos, Embattled Laboratory, Shifts to Medical Machines. The New York Times, August 1, 2016.
Theranos is shifting its business model toward selling medical blood testing machines.
2) Experimental vaccine could provide rapid response to diseases. Reuters, August 1, 2016.
An experimental vaccine that can be made in a week has protected mice against influenza, Ebola and Zika.
3) Beaumont wins arbitration award against…itself? Crain’s, July 31, 2016.
Beaumont won an arbitration award of $1.8 million, despite being part owner of the property in interest.
4) With Room Service and More, Hospitals Borrow From Hotels. The New York Times, August 1, 2016.
Hospitals are shifting to providing hotel-inspired amenities, which can reduce stress and anxiety among patients and improve health outcomes.
5) CMS extends ban on new home healthcare agencies in select markets. Modern Healthcare, August 1, 2016.
CMS has extended a moratorium on home healthcare agencies and ambulance suppliers to curb fraud in some states.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.