Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Could Medicare’s new doctor payment system endanger small and rural practices? The Washington Post, August 23, 2016.
Many physicians in rural, solo and small practices worry that MACRA will cause great financial pressure.
2) Choices dwindling for Obamacare customers. CNN Money, August 24, 2016.
Consumers have few choices when shopping on the marketplace for 2017 insurance coverage after many companies have left the exchange.
3) OIG finds ‘significant’ security flaws in CMS’ wireless networks. Healthcare IT News, August 24, 2016.
The wireless networks of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services have significant vulnerabilities.
4) States File Another Lawsuit Over Obama Transgender Rules. AP, August 23, 2016.
Several states have filed suit over the Obama administration’s nondiscrimination health rules.
5) Apple Purchase Medical Startup Gliimpse. The Wall Street Journal, August 22, 2016.
Apple purchased a company that aims to help patients understand their medical records.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.