Breaches, cyber attacks, and phishing scams continue to plague healthcare entities across the country. It is essential to take steps to protect your practice.
We can help your practice stay on top of the latest healthcare news, rules, regulations and trends. Subscribe to stay current and up to date on important matters that will impact your practice. (To subscribe to our blog Click Here).
Often, phishing attacks involve prompting users to click an email prompt or visit a website and input passwords and credentials.
The best way to protect your practice is to train your employees.
We help our clients provide essential employee training, so that employees know the dangers and consequences of phishing attacks.
How can you make your training effective?
- Scare your employees, let them know how serious phishing is and how detrimental it can be to your practice.
- Use real examples that really resonate with employees.
- Make training fun so that employees are engaged and attentive.
- Let employees know about the sanctions they could face in the event of a security breach.
- Follow up regularly with employees. Training should be done regularly to ensure that employees remember everything.
Phishing is still successful because employees are not trained adequately, or are not paying attention during training.
It is essential that your staff knows how to recognize and how to respond to a phishing attempt.
We also train our clients on how to react to a breach, if a phishing attempt is successful.
It is important to take steps to protect your practice.
In our next blog post, we will keep you informed of related issues. To get this important information delivered directly to your mail box, Click here to Subscribe
Do you need help staying current and compliant with the latest laws, rules and regulations? We can help. To contact us about your new government rules and regulations, your practice’s risk assessment, or about your other legal needs: CLICK HERE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.