Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Nation’s largest nursing home pays $124 million to settle false billing claims
DOJ, June 25, 2014
2) Doctors and Hospitals are using big data to monitor patient’s buying habits
Crains, June 26, 2014
3) Beaumont Health looking for cost savings through merger with Botsford and Oakwood
Crains, June 29, 2014
4) Fresenius Medical being sued by Louisiana for fraudulent drug use
Sacramento Bee, June 30, 2014
5) Medicare penalties for infections will hit some large hospital systems hard
Kaiser Health News, June 27, 2014
6) Nursing homes face cut-off from Medicaid for failure to pay back funds
Albany Herald, June 27, 2014
7) ObamaCare still available to those with “life qualifying” events such as marriage, a new baby or loss of job
Detroit News, June 30, 2014
8) U.S. healthcare spending growth has slowed
Bloomberg, July 1, 2014
9) 1/3 of knee replacement surgeries rendered inappropriate according to study
Reuters, June 30, 2014
10) Michigan Garden City Hospital sale completed to for-profit Prime Healthcare Services.
Crains, July 2, 2014
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. Click HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.