Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Groups partner to better leverage HIEs for population health, quality improvement. Healthcare IT News, October 18, 2017.
Two groups are working together to promote population health goals and cost reduction by tackling different aspects of healthcare.
2) Rehab services provider to close, lay off 113 as contract with Beaumont terminated. Crain’s, October 16, 2017.
Home Rehabilitation Services of Michigan LLC is closing this year.
3) McLaren Oakland hospital names Margaret Diamond as CEO. Crain’s, October 18, 2017.
Margaret Diamond has been named CEO of McLaren Oakland in Pontiac.
4) J&J Wins Reversal of First St. Louis Talc-Cancer Verdict. Bloomberg, October 17, 2017.
Johnson & Johnson won its appeal of a verdict claiming its talc products cause ovarian cancer.
5) Trump favors ex-pharma executive Azar for health secretary: Politico. Reuters, October 17, 2017.
President Trump is leaning towards appointing Alex Azar to lead the Department of Health and Human Services.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.