Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) HHS OIG: University of Michigan Health System overbills Medicare by $6.2 million. Modern Healthcare, February 6, 2018.
The CMS overpaid the University of Michigan Health System by $6.2 million and now wants a refund.
2) GE Healthcare, IOC collaborate on precision medicine analytics platform for the Olympics. Healthcare IT News, February 7, 2018.
The multilingual Athlete Management Solution helps medical staff to deliver personalized care and identify injuries and illness.
3) Upper Peninsula child dies of flu – first pediatric death in Michigan this season. Crain’s, February 8, 2018.
A resident of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan is the first child to die in the state from the flu this season.
4) Utah House advances bill to add assisted suicide to state manslaughter statute. Desert News, February 6, 2018.
The Utah House voted in favor of a bill that would add assisted suicide to the state’s manslaughter statute.
5) President of Wayne State University Physician Group reassigned. Crain’s, February 5, 2018.
Lisa Keane will leave her position as president of UPG to take on other duties at Wayne State.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.