Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Whistleblower Lawsuit Against Signature Healthcare Settled For $30 Million. The Tennessean, June 11, 2018.
A Tennessee nursing home did meaningless therapies to maximize profits.
2) CMS Unveils New Guidance To Help States Fight Opioid Epidemic. The Hill, June 11, 2018.
These guidelines are to help states fight the opioid epidemic.
3) Michigan Governor signs bill to repeal, replace tax that funds Medicaid. US News, June 11, 2018.
Snyder OKs bill to replace a tax that is used to fund Medicaid.
4) Lawsuit could threaten health care access for 52 million American’s. The Washington Post, June 8, 2018.
ACA lawsuit could jeopardize millions of American’s access to affordable healthcare.
5) Vermont to Require That All Have Health Insurance. U.S. News, June 10, 2018.
This law would require that all residents to have health insurance by 2020.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.