Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- Detroit unveils water restart plan because of coronavirus threat Michigan Radio
The City of Detroit has announced what it’s calling a Coronavirus Water Restart Plan to try to ensure that people have access to water during the coronavirus outbreak in the U.S.
2) Spotty sick leave policies limit options for avoiding virus AP News
While white collar workers trying to avoid contagion can work from home or call in sick if they experience symptoms of the virus, that’s not an option for the millions of waiters, delivery workers, cashiers, ride-hailing drivers, museum attendants and countless others who routinely come into contact with the public.
3) William Barr vows to prosecute ‘bad actors’ who ‘take advantage’ of coronavirus crisis Washington Examiner
Attorney General William Barr warned any “bad actors” against exploiting the coronavirus crisis in the United States through price-fixing or any other antitrust schemes.
4) Missouri AG sues Jim Bakker for coronavirus ‘cure’ claims The Hill
Missouri Attorney General Eric Schmitt (R) on Tuesday filed a lawsuit against televangelist Jim Bakker for misrepresenting a “Silver Solution” sold through his show as a cure for the novel coronavirus.
5) Coronavirus Declared Pandemic by World Health Organization WSJ
The spread of the new coronavirus has reached a pandemic, spanning 112 countries and regions, the World Health Organization declared, as disruptions to daily life ricocheted around the world.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. Click here to Subscribe.